Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor: How to fix features using wrong dimension values

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
335 Views, 6 Replies

inventor: How to fix features using wrong dimension values

I am working on my .idw file, everything was fine the day before then I come back to find when I dimension certain things on my drawing the number is somewhere in the 400's when it should be 17. I was able to fix it through the styles editor but the problem still persists when I try to make a break out view, when putting in the distance it should be 14.375 but to get the correct view I have to put in a number above 400.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

Seems to be something wrong with your units. mm vs. inch

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Are you modifying retrieved model dimensions directly within your drawing or are you referring to dimensions that you created in your drawing?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

I am working on my .idw file, everything was fine the day before then I come back to find when I dimension certain things on my drawing the number is somewhere in the 400's when it should be 17. I was able to fix it through the styles editor but the problem still persists when I try to make a break out view, when putting in the distance it should be 14.375 but to get the correct view I have to put in a number above 400.

Hint Smiley Wink

1 inch = 25.4mm

17 x 25.4 = 431.8

Seems like your dimension style in the drawing is now set to display mm instead of Inches..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

The problem though is its supposed to be in mm.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I am talking about the dimensions I create in the drawing and the features made in the drawing as well. Like when you define a break out view the distance needs to be a much higher number than it should be.

Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem though is its supposed to be in mm.

What is?

Open your ipt file.. What units are set there? If thats mm and all of your values are correct there that thats fine..

Then open the drawing and edit your dimension style.. Is it set to mm also? 

There isn't a scale factor that I know of.. Its just different units can be shown in the drawing vs part file..

Post your ipt file/idw if you are still having issues..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report