Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Cable and Harness Environment - Nailboard Detail Views?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
354 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Cable and Harness Environment - Nailboard Detail Views?

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working with Inventor Professional 2019's Cable and Harness Environment.

I was wondering if it is possible to do a detail or section view of a Nailboard sketch that is parametrically driven by the sketch (or harness assembly) itself?

Currently, from what I can tell, you can only place a Nailboard view once per .idw file and have it maintain the Cable and Harness properties. While it is possible to copy and paste a Nailboard as a sketch entity, the copy becomes a plain sketch. Because of this, if you make changes to your harness the copied sketch does not automatically update with the Nailboard. In order to update it, you have to delete the copy and recreate it after making changes. This adds quite a bit of extra work when it comes to revisions. 

Is there a better way of doing this or is copy and paste the only way?

Thank you for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Spencer,

I don't believe there is a way to do that yet. The Nailboard view is pretty limited. You can document the wiring individually but there isn't a way to create detail view of the Nailboard.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you for the reply.

Are you aware of any plans in the future to implement a feature like this?

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Spencer,

I have to say this is the first time I heard about this particular request. Please feel free to report an idea on Inventor Ideas forum.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report