Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor BoM Error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Josh_Hudson97
302 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor BoM Error

Hi,

I'm a little bit stuck with this puzzle as it has a few potential things that I can see causing it.

We're factory users (I think somewhat irrelevant for this issue, but worth mentioning). We have an assembly we publish with a phantom BoM so the correct Items are in the BoM at the Factory Layout level. Within this assembly we suppress parts using the "Component.IsActive" snippet of code. This should do a few things

1. Change the visibility of the part

2. Change the BoM structure of the part to reference

Only the first item I mention is happening in this scenario for some reason.

I can get around this in my asset prior to publishing by changing the BoM setting to hide suppressed components (As seen below)

Josh_Hudson97_0-1696848951096.png

This "Fixes" the issue with the inventor assembly environment, however not fully within my factory layout environment...

Within my Factory BoM within the model data tab is gets rid of the items would expect. However with the structured tab some of the suppressed parts remain and have a quantity of "Error".

I can't figure out if this is a code (iLogic) issue, or a Inventor BoM Issue or a Factory Design Utilities Issue. Hoping someone could shed some light on this one for me?

I'm in Inventor 2024.1.1 (btw)

If I've helped you out drop the post a like, if I've given you a solution mark as solved. It's us, 'The community' that makes this place work 😄
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi! If I recalled correctly, this could happen if some components may have incompatible unit QTY at different BOM levels. Please share the files in zip here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5

Hi Folks,

Just to provide a headsup here. Josh did send me the files. I took a look and found out it was a known issue due to suppressed common components at different subassembly levels. It was reported as INVGEN-69987. We are investigating the issue to see how we can fix it safely.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5

Hi @johnsonshiue,

Is there any update on a fix for this yet?

If I've helped you out drop the post a like, if I've given you a solution mark as solved. It's us, 'The community' that makes this place work 😄
Message 5 of 5

Hi Josh,

I just checked the status of INVGEN-69987. It shows it has been resolved internally. The fix is targeting the coming 2024.3 update (April).

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report