Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Analysis Help

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
532 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor Analysis Help

Hi All,

I have to carry out some stress analysis on my inventor model however I am running into some issues.

I am currently modelling a simple bridge with restraints at the base of the piers and ends.

For this project I have to run some simple load scenarios on my model to get some results for my project write up.

Below is my bridge model and a simple pressure load across the 'deck' of the bridge:

https://imgur.com/a/cDqjN

PjhL7vU.png

My problem is I need to apply forces, and/or pressure loads across SPECIFIC areas of the bridge model - for example left hand lane/right hand lane traffic etc.

Is there anyone who knows how to implement this? - I have tried adding a sketch on the face however when I tried to add a load to it, it would not recognise the sketch

Any help would be appreciated - Many thanks!

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
swalton
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Split tool to create surface regions for FEA.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-72CA8251-F892-4DA1-9A5E-88FE3CB1257E

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 12
TheCADWhisperer

Do you pay tuition, (or your parents or taxpayers) for this class?

If you can't figure it out - attach your *.ipt file here.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Yes we pay tuition however this is a Final Year Project - I shouldn't have picked a project that involved learning a new software independently  

Message 5 of 12
TheCADWhisperer

Well, since the paid instructor apparently cannot help with your problem - attach your file here along with your questions and you will get free professional help.

Can't beat that!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

See attached ! @TheCADWhisperer

I will also experiment with the split tool to figure it out - @swalton Kudos to you 

I am trying to apply loads like seen below on various areas of the deck to simulate vehicles on the bridge: 

https://imgur.com/a/s8Z74

xSWNbMr.png

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

Message 7 of 12
TheCADWhisperer

Can you embed your Photos here rather than on 3rd party web sites (I am wary of malware)?

Photos.PNG

Message 8 of 12
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymouswrote:

I will also experiment with the split tool to figure it out - @swalton Kudos to you 

I do not see any Split Faces in the file that you attached?

Also, Concrete is not an isotropic material.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

@TheCADWhisperer

So I did some splitting.. - See attached

Also this is what I was talking about: 

Capt7.PNG

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I need to carry out Finite Element Analysis - Stresses etc -

Does this mean I need to change the material props? My bridge is made up mostly of concrete/some reinforced concrete

@TheCADWhispererwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I do not see any Split Faces in the file that you attached?

Also, Concrete is not an isotropic material.

Message 11 of 12
TheCADWhisperer

I see that you successfully split a face, but you will need to split with 4 rectangles to match your image.

And I do not see a load applied in the FEA environment of the file that you attached.

This step will not have any effect on your analysis - but I recommend that you right click on the View Cube and set this view to Top. 

Top.png

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

@TheCADWhisperer - Thanks for this I am getting some results now.

My project title is Stress Analysis of 'XXXX' Bridge'  

Do you know anything about stress analysis? I am getting results from the different load cases - I just wanted to ask for some guidance - i.e what do you think I could talk about regarding the results - Different stresses/Von Mises/Mohrs Circle - What does it all mean & What do I talk about from the analysis?

You don't have to answer these Qs, they are just some thoughts of mine. 

Kudos!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report