Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 8 viewer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
235 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 8 viewer

I think this has been discussed before, but am I correct that AutoDesk no longer offers a free viewer for Inventor files??? I know about the .DWF thing, but it is not feasible to create one of these every time I update a print. Now AutoDesk wants $99 for Voloview. If the facts are as I think they are, this seems like a very poor business decision on AutoDesk's part.

-Scott Kilborn
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Powered by Voloview" is available. This will view ipt, iam, idw, ipn, dwg, dwf.... drawings. Will also print and you can save a red-lined markup. You can not measure or plot the drawings. This is included with the AIS. I think you can download (free) it also. "skilborn" wrote in message news:27365852.1076016531314.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I think this has been discussed before, but am I correct that AutoDesk no longer offers a free viewer for Inventor files??? I know about the .DWF thing, but it is not feasible to create one of these every time I update a print. Now AutoDesk wants $99 for Voloview. If the facts are as I think they are, this seems like a very poor business decision on AutoDesk's part. > > -Scott Kilborn
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I haven't looked for it myself, but it is my understanding that VV is on your install CD's. Hopefully I am not wrong 8^) -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "skilborn" wrote in message news:27365852.1076016531314.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I think this has been discussed before, but am I correct that AutoDesk no longer offers a free viewer for Inventor files??? I know about the .DWF thing, but it is not feasible to create one of these every time I update a print. Now AutoDesk wants $99 for Voloview. If the facts are as I think they are, this seems like a very poor business decision on AutoDesk's part. > > -Scott Kilborn
Message 4 of 6
jweiss1313

You can install Powered By Volview 3 that is on your Inventor 8 CD. Check with Autodesk, but I think you can install five seats for each Inventor license. I have many seats of regular Voloview and when Inv8 was released, Voloview couldn't view Inv8 files. I waited over three months for Autodesk to issue a service pack to fix the problem. They need to get their act together and put the service pack on the new release installation CD and keep their customers smiling. I agree with you the whole DWF thing doesn't seem practical to me either.
John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

IV8 Plugin for VV3 is now available on the download site as well as VV3 SP2..
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Look for the message 'viewer' from JeffO on 1/29/04. In my response, I explained where Autodesk hid the install file on the CD and what is needed to get it to view IV8 files. -Mike "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:4022b908$1_2@newsprd01... > I haven't looked for it myself, but it is my understanding that VV is on your install > CD's. Hopefully I am not wrong 8^)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report