Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 7 - has it fixed dimensions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
177 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 7 - has it fixed dimensions?

Can any one tell me if in Inventor 7 there is a fix so
that IDW dimesions stay in the same relative positions to the model.
I am using Inventor 6 atm, and what I find is that I can draw my part, let's say its a box of 1200mm by 400 x 400. I then go and create my view in a IDW. I annotate it with dimensions, and put them where I want - typically the text centred and the dimension line a distance away from the model when the dimension line goes dotted.
All looks well. Great. So then I go and change the size of my box so its now 2200x400x400. Back into my IDW, change my views scale, and the dimension text is no longer centered. Can anyone tell me, has this been fixed in Inventor7 ?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bah ha ah aha ah ahah ah ah ahah ah ah ha aha ahha ahahaa ha aha ha ahah ah ahaha. answer your question? -Joe
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If it's baseline dimension, RMB on one of the dim's
and select Arrange.

Matt

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Joe,
I take it you would rather like this one sorted out also?

Is there any way around it? I have built 100 or so template ipt & idw files that are to be used as a basis to generate new ipt & idw files based on user entered custom sizes. All works fine except for these bloody dimensions just going whereever they want.

Jason
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry, don't know why my previous reply appeared in triplicate!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report