Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2024 prompting Vault Check in when saving new part

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jrickard9L6EW
176 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2024 prompting Vault Check in when saving new part

When I create a new part and save it for the first time in Inventor 2024, a window prompts me to chose my location and fill in properties for the file, such as material, description, etc.  I like this new addition, as it is sort of a forced reminder to fill these properties in.

However, after I hit "OK", I am immediately prompted to check the part into Vault, regardless of how far into the part creation I am.  Is there a way to disable this Vault Check In prompt?

I do not want to be prompted to check into vault after I've essentially created a sketch, or for workup parts that I don't ever want in Vault.   This extra click is only an annoyance for myself and the other people who work in Inventor/Vault day to day.  It becomes problematic for our other employees, such as apprentices, interns, machine builders, and sales reps who have access to Inventor, but are prone to click "Yes" and "OK" on every dialog box that pops up.  I'd rather disable this pop-up to prevent having to clean up Vault every time a new employee accidentally clicks "OK."

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Disable Vault Data Standard. That's a Vault Add-In you don't have to use.
https://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-5952EA7B-E9C8-450F-9FF2-ADD6EFB729FE
Message 3 of 3

That did it.  Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report