Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2024 Crashing On Loading anything after Opening.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dansperfect
500 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2024 Crashing On Loading anything after Opening.

Hey all. So I'm having a problem with Inventor 2024 were it just crashes after startup and I either start a new project, try to go to the options screen or load anything else from inside Inventor. The Error I'm Getting:

Application: Inventor.exe
Error: Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
Crashed Module Name: FwSrv.dll
Exception Address: 0x00007ffda24768d0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Flags: 0
Exception Parameters: 0, 3e

Now yes there is a solution on these forums to this exact error and no that solution did nothing for me. Enabling the High DPI Check Boxes in the compatibility window of the program does absolutely zero to solve the problem. 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: dansperfect

Hi! This sounds more like a graphics issue. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Then install 2024.3 update. If the crash still persists, start up Inventor and go to Tools -> App Options -> Hardware -> select "Conservative mode." Please report back your findings.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
dansperfect
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Sir,

So I had actually followed the same instructions you give below from a different post on this forum you answered for an earlier version of the software and when that didn't work I came here.

So what I ended up doing is just redownloading the installer. I had initially downloaded it to my main PC then transferred the download to my laptop. Well something happened between the transfer from desktop to laptop that must have corrupted some installation files. So after uninstalling Inventor and then redownloading it from Autodesk rather then transfer from a previous download it worked fine.

I apologize for not coming earlier to close out this post and provide the answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report