Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2023 iProperties not updating in Assembly

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
J_vdBosch
413 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2023 iProperties not updating in Assembly

2 weeks ago, we migrated our software from Inventor 2021 to Inventor 2023. Since then, we have some problems with updating iProperties in Assemblies. After pasting an assemblies with filled Iproperties in a new assembly, the default iProperties are displayed in the new assembly. There is no way to get the correct Iproperties shown in the BOM other than a restart of Inventor. 

When using the command 'place' in a assembly, this probleem seems not to occur. 

Iproperties assembly:

J_vdBosch_1-1665123289842.png

Iproperties in BOM.

J_vdBosch_0-1665123182651.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: J_vdBosch

Have you installed the latest updates for 2023?
Message 3 of 8
J_vdBosch

Yes, we run version 2023.1.1

Message 4 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not look right to me. Unless there is an iLogic rule running behind the scene, the iProperty should just update correctly. If possible, please share the files in zip that exhibit the behavior here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 8
J_vdBosch
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I did look into the problem further. It seems to happen only with assemblies. Also, after changing the custom iProperties, the Part Number does update, but at first it didn't. It looks like only the Part Number is hanging, and the other iProperties are fine. I checked our Ilogic rules, but these do not have to do something with this update, they are working fine. Also, when making a drawing the iProperties do not update, only after changing the custom iProperties.

See also the attachted testfiles. 

Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Many thanks for sharing the files! Indeed, it does look like a bug to me. I am able to reproduce the behavior. It seems to be specific to assemblies but not parts. I need to work with the project team to understand the behavior better.

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! I have some information to share. The two Model States in the assembly came from the migrated iam template file (Primary and iLogic). These two Model States were originally LODs. As a migration rule, to avoid impacting legacy BOM and drawings, the migrated LODs will not have the new Model State BOM behaviors. It means that the BOM only honors Primary Model State.

To fix the behavior, you just need to open the iam template file. Delete the migrated iLogic Model State and recreate a new iLogic Model State. Then create the test assemblies again. You will see the correct behaviors.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
J_vdBosch

Hi @johnsonshiue It works! Thanks a lot! I changed the Assembly template. We don't use the iLogic Model State, so I deleted this Model State. Now the iProperties updates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report