Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2022 - Freezes When Clicking "New"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mtb
Community Visitor
280 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2022 - Freezes When Clicking "New"

After starting the program and clicking the button:

mtb_0-1649063228354.png

The program hangs - process kill required.

The following solution helps one time:
Launching the File> Management> Projects panel

mtb_1-1649063244873.png

Indication of the path to MT_Vault again (file 😧 \ Vault Working \ MT_Vault.ipj) via PPM> Browse:

mtb_2-1649063258617.png

After clicking "Done", starting the "New" window is possible.

mtb_3-1649063339898.png

I must select the path again after restarting Inventor. Otherwise the program freezes again.

All Inventor 2022 uninstalled, rebooted the computer and reinstalled Inventor 2022 - this did NOT fix the problem.

I am asking for help in finding a solution.

OS: Windows 11 Business with Azure Active Directory and OneDrive sync (Documents folder on OneDrive)
Inventor 2022:

mtb_4-1649063476979.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: mtb

Try this fix that worked for a few other people and honestly is quick and easy to test:

1- Go to Tools (tab) > Application Options > General (tab) > My Home > check "Show my Home on Startup";

2- Close Inventor;

3- Open Inventor and add a shortcut to your Templates folder (the path where they are located in the server):

Galaxybane_0-1649078377390.png

This might work if your Inventor is struggling to keep the access into that folder, and Inventor is getting blocked.

Message 3 of 4
j.palmeL29YX

Are you aware that there are several updates for Inventor 2022? AFAIK the current version is 2022.2.2 (Build 287).
(But i don't know if these apply to your problem.)

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! I don't believe this is an install issue. More than likely, it has something to do with how the project was set up. First thing to check. Go to Project settings -> Folder Options -> Design Data. Does Inventor have the privilege to read and write to the folder?

Try running Inventor as Admin and also clean up %temp%.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report