Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019 View cube is missing in drawing view edit mode

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
aken_nsk
2284 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2019 View cube is missing in drawing view edit mode

Hi weve recently upgraded from 2018 to 2019

1: When i try to edit a view in the drawing i double click on the base view of course and no view cube appears on the right side of the view like it was doing in the 2018 so from now i have no idea on how to change de orientation of the view that i want to display without deleting the view and start over again on the right orientation that i wanna show... 

2: I also notice that when i have setup a 3 view drawing for example front left and top view in my drawing if i had to change the scale of the view...all the orientation change (this is bad of course because from now i have no idea on how to put them back to the right orientation i want since i have no viewcube in edit a view function)

Anyone can help ?!? thanks a lot !

Inventor 2019.0.1 Build 136

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: aken_nsk

@aken_nsk wrote:

Hi weve recently upgraded from 2018 to 2019

1: When i try to edit a view in the drawing i double click on the base view of course and no view cube appears on the right side of the view like it was doing in the 2018 so from now i have no idea on how to change de orientation of the view that i want to display without deleting the view and start over again on the right orientation that i wanna show... 

2: I also notice that when i have setup a 3 view drawing for example front left and top view in my drawing if i had to change the scale of the view...all the orientation change (this is bad of course because from now i have no idea on how to put them back to the right orientation i want since i have no viewcube in edit a view function)

Anyone can help ?!? thanks a lot !

Inventor 2019.0.1 Build 136

Its working just fine for me.. Are you sure you are clicking on the base view?

Have you tried a different file to see if its just file specific? If so please post that drawing here if you want someone to investigate it for you..

You might also try the following if its ALL files..

#1-Run the Inventor Reset Utility located in the Autodesk folder in your start menu..

#2-Go to tools..application options..hardware tab and check the box for "use software graphics" THEN RESTART INVENTOR and see if that fixes it (restarting is required for that to do anything)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
kgilham

Hi aken_nsk,

For the first issue do you have any breaks or breakouts in this view?   This will cause the view to not be able to be rotated.  You will need to delete these and recreate them after the change in orientation.

The second issue sounds like it might be a bug.  Would you be willing to send us the files or open a support case so we can take a look at this drawing?

Thanks,

Kyle Gilham
Customer Advocacy Manager
Message 4 of 10
aken_nsk
in reply to: mcgyvr

Ok thank you the viewcube seem to be only with one drawing i try other drawing and its look like ok

i turned on the software graphic and the scale problem seem to be gone

but now im in an assembly i tested this with a couple of drawing and when i add a part onto an assembly the part dosent show in the drawing im unable to update the view also, the temp fix i found is closing the drawing and reopened it and now my drawing view is updated with the new part anyone got this problem ??

Message 5 of 10
kgilham

Hi aken-nsk,

Would you be able to record a video of this behavior?  

Thanks,

Kyle Gilham
Message 6 of 10
aken_nsk
in reply to: kgilham

you got it !!! if i removed the break from the view im able to change orientation but in my memories i was able to rotate the view orientation event with a break or breakout in inventor 2018 ??? am i wrong ?

Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr

@aken_nsk wrote:

Ok thank you the viewcube seem to be only with one drawing i try other drawing and its look like ok

i turned on the software graphic and the scale problem seem to be gone

but now im in an assembly i tested this with a couple of drawing and when i add a part onto an assembly the part dosent show in the drawing im unable to update the view also, the temp fix i found is closing the drawing and reopened it and now my drawing view is updated with the new part anyone got this problem ??

Since turning on "software graphics" fixed part of your problem then that would typically be indicative of a graphics card driver issue..

That check box basically tells Inventor to not use your graphics card at all to help narrow down problems.. So it seems the problem is related to your graphics card..

I would suggest updating your graphics card driver to the latest version from the card manufacturers site and then unchecking software graphics and again restarting Inventor to see if the newly updated driver helps..

If that doesn't help then please let us know the make/model of the graphics card you are using and what Windows operating system you are using.. Or just press the "diagnostic" button on that same hardware tab and then press ok to copy that information to your clipboard and then paste that information here..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 8 of 10
mcgyvr

@aken_nsk wrote:

you got it !!! if i removed the break from the view im able to change orientation but in my memories i was able to rotate the view orientation event with a break or breakout in inventor 2018 ??? am i wrong ?

memory is just wrong there I believe..

I think thats always been a "limitation"..

Or my memory is wrong Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
kgilham

You are correct, we had to modify this behavior in 2019 to fix some bugs we were finding in Inventor.  Typically we do not allow you to change the orientation when you have used any of the modify commands (i.e. breakout, crop etc.).  The one exception use to be Break.  When making performance improvements to base view command there were bugs that were found when changing orientation with a Break in the view because it is possible to change the orientation to a view where the Break does not make sense.  In order to fix these bugs and to make Inventor more consistent the ability to change orientation with a Break was turned off just like all the other Modify commands in drawings.  

Hope this helps explain these changes Smiley Happy

Thanks

Kyle Gilham
Message 10 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: kgilham

cool.. so it was my memory... Smiley Tongue

I can't remember the last time I used a breakout view either... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report