Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019 assembly mates are not working.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
613 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2019 assembly mates are not working.

Im having a problem with inventor. My assembly works fine in other menus but I have a larger file with all the sub components around 200 and when I try to place a part in that assembly then use the assemble command to mate the bottom face of a stand to the top face of the floor it just gets stuck. It should be free to move around the x and y just not vertical. Anyone have any suggestions?????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Im having a problem with inventor. My assembly works fine in other menus but I have a larger file with all the sub components around 200 and when I try to place a part in that assembly then use the assemble command to mate the bottom face of a stand to the top face of the floor it just gets stuck. It should be free to move around the x and y just not vertical. Anyone have any suggestions?????

Well... Without seeing the assembly we really can't offer much more than a total WAG

Can you post your assembly here? (remember an iam file is useless without including all the ipt files,etc... as an iam only links to the parts and does not include them in itself).. .File.. save as pack and go helps to gather up everything..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

…. we really can't offer much more than a total WAG

My WAG is a conflicting constraint. 

@Anonymous

(Any conflicting constraint in assembly or in sub-assembly. Might not have anything to do with your component of issue - you cannot have conflicting constraints anywhere and get predictable behavior.)

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

@TheCADWhisperer wrote:

@mcgyvr wrote:

…. we really can't offer much more than a total WAG

My WAG is a conflicting constraint. 

@Anonymous

(Any conflicting constraint in assembly or in sub-assembly. Might not have anything to do with your component of issue - you cannot have conflicting constraints anywhere and get predictable behavior.)

@TheCADWhisperer Yes but which one Smiley Tongue

I'll WAG parameter d313 Smiley Very Happy 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Please share the files here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). There should be a logical reason to explain the behavior.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report