Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2018 Entry Point not found

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nick.humphreyQDS8Z
996 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2018 Entry Point not found

Hi Folks, I've just updated inventor via the Desktop App to Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 - English 22.30.28400.0000 on Win10 Pro x64 and disappointingly I get "Inventor.exe - Entry Point Not Found" at which point the application ditches out completely. Repair doesn't fix it, and i'm trying to avoid re-install. I'm glad i tested it on my machine before unleashing it across the network. Any bright ideas? Pic attached of the rather long error string...

entry point not found.PNG

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

It is worth a shot, go to your Autodesk Account and physically download the Inventor update.  Make sure you are the administrator of your workstation and then install the update manually not using the Desktop Update.  I would also make sure your have UAC turned off and if you could, disable any anti-virus program temporally.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 9

@nick.humphreyQDS8Z

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Most times that points to an issue where there's multiple versions of that DLL.  Have you gone to that BIN directory and confirm if that DLL is there?  Have you searched on your machine to see if there are other locations hosting this DLL file?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 9

Hi! This sound like corrupt install or partial install. Please go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> find Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 -> right-click -> Uninstall/Change -> Repair install.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9

Thanks, as I described, repair doesn't solve the problem. For now I've uninstalled the update, which gets me working.

Message 6 of 9

There do appear to be a bunch of instances of  FWsrv.dll of different dates and file sizes in the several sub-directories of Program Files>Autodesk> i'm a little reticent to go around deleting them, for now I'll uninstall the update which gets me working. It'll be Inventor 2019 time soon, and following my golden rule of "Never install anything from Autodesk until there's an SP1 released" i'm sure it'll all be tickityboo.  

Message 7 of 9

Hi Nick,

I am sorry I am a bit confused. You mentioned that you uninstalled an update and then 2018 runs fine. Could you tell me what Inventor build you are running and what update did you installed and uninstalled?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9

Hi Johnson, 

I tried to install the update Inventor 2018.3 Build: 284 via the Autodesk Desktop App. The installation claimed to be successful, however the application would not then start returning the Inventor.exe - Entry Point Not Found error.

I subsequently uninstalled the update returning Inventor to Autodesk Inventor Professional 64-bit edition Build 227. release 2018.2.3 Date: Tue 01/16/2018.

It is the build 227 of Inventor 2018 that works.

Message 9 of 9

Hi Nick,

This sounds like corrupt install file. Could you download 2018.3 update again, close Inventor, and install the patch again?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report