Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 fails to print

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
648 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2017 fails to print

Has Anyone come across a problem printing with Inventor 2017 professional.

Just installed it a few days ago and I can print a few drawings off on Our HP 8600 pro and then it cancels the job.

I thought it was a driver problem so i checked latest drivers. They are all ok. 

I can print from word any any other program...

If I shut down Inventor and restart it works again.. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out this blog

https://synergiscadblog.com/2016/09/13/having-trouble-printing-from-your-autodesk-products/

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

The Problem seams to be with the printer dialog box.

you press print and select your printer ... fine ... prints fine ..

then when you print another drawing and select print (with the right printer already selected)

it fails to print .... Click properties .... select nothing (as its ok ) and  then print ... it prints...

Seams all you need to do is keep opening properties and back and it works ... selecting nothing ...

Annoying ....  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Can't delete the update as I haven't got it installed ... its not listed in my updates

Message 5 of 5
inchul.lee
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi  acopeman,

Do you happen to use Windows 10? We've received print-related issues with Inventor 2017 running on Windows 10 with the anniversary update installed. The solution is to roll back to the previous build of Windows 10 until a permanent fix is released. Let me know if this is not the case for you.

Please also make sure that all the product updates have been installed (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads?release=2017).

Inchul Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report