Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2016 crashing at launch

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
1310 Views, 25 Replies

Inventor 2016 crashing at launch

Hello, 

Recently I have installed Autodesk Inventor, but the program is unusable. When I start the program the loading screen appears briefly with the loading bar roughly a quarter of the way before crashing, opening an error report that says 'A software problem has caused Autodesk Inventor to close unexpectedly."

I have tried

- Uninstalling and reinstalling

- Repairing

- Updating the program

- Restarting

- Running as administrator

I have also had the same issue with the 2017 edition. Other Autodesk programs such as ReCap and a couple other I opened to test appear to work correctly. 

Any help, solutions or suggestions would be helpful and welcome.

Cheers, 

Jason

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: salariua

@Anonymous

Another to add (although @salariua already pointed it out)..

You are still running the original release of Inventor 2016.  Please make sure to update it with the latest (like Service Pack 2).  Since you have an educational version..  I'm never sure if these free license are entitled to the mid-year release that's out there for Inventor 2016.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Flexnet is running in automatic mode. I was unable to install netframe 4.7 as when I attempt to install, an error message claims the files are corrupt (tried online and offline download from these two URLs https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55170 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl... ). 

Opening thew program from another user account results in the same error. 

There is an event log in the windows event viewer which ill email you a screenshot of now. 

Message 23 of 26
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

On this page there is a link to .net cleanup tool.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r...

BTW: flexnet was stopped and set to manual based on your files
Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 24 of 26
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: salariua

Jason,

From the crash reports you submitted the issue is indeed due to a corrupt .net installation. I would suggest that you uninstall the .net framework, reboot & then reinstall .net4.6.1

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 25 of 26
pdxmcad
in reply to: Anonymous

Jason,

Have you rebooted the computer since installing the Autodesk products?   As Chris pointed out, your crash reports indicate a problem with the .NET Framework on the system.   There are pieces of the .NET Framework which require a reboot after install to function properly.

Mike Dickason
Inventor Development
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 26 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: pdxmcad

I have ran the .net cleanup tool, but attempting to install 4.7 still gives the corrupt files error message (from both download links). I am unable to install 4.6.1 as my computer has 4.6.2 installed by default (version included with the OS) an the cleanup tool wont remove the included OS 4.6.2. In windows 10 I am also unable to uninstall .net frameworks manually through the 'programs and features' method as the .net frameworks do not appear.

Running the windows .net framework repair tool is unable to resolve any issue with installing 4.7 (see picture attached).

Running the program after the .net cleanup tool (with just the default 4.6.2 installed) still results in the same problem. 

I have been restarting after all installs and even after unsuccessful installs in an attempt to get them to work. 

net framework.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report