Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 crashes immediatly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
813 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2013 crashes immediatly

I have downloaded and installed Inventor, AutoCAD and Revit, all versions 2013. CAD and Revit seem to run ok. Inventor crashes. What could be the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

More information is needed.

Did you turn off anti-virus during install?
Did you turn off UAC during install?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: JDMather

You might want to try posting this question in the installation forum.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for your response. The Antivirus and other settings were all the same as for the other two downloads and installations, so I hoped they were not the problem. I should perhaps mention that I needed to download a "windows hotfix" in order to be able to install Inventor 2013 at all. Someone suggesed that I post this problem to the installation forum, but I am having trouble finding it.

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

The Antivirus and other settings were all the same as for the other two downloads and installations, ...

. Someone suggesed that I post this problem to the installation forum, but I am having trouble finding it.

This is the Inventor forum - your question was about an Inventor intallation.  My response back was in reference only to your Inventor installation problem.  You should have UAC turned off.  Search Google for Autodesk Inventor Clean Uninstall instructions to start over.   (you might be able to go to Start>All Programs>Autodesk>Inventor>Quick Uninstall... ...but since it doesn't sound like you had a successful install...)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

When you post there you should include the most basic of information

- your system specs, OS and all that...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! When Inventor crashes, do you see a dialog allowing you to submit the crash report? Did you submit it with your email address? If not, could you let it crash and send in a crash report? After that, please send me an emailI and I would like to take a look at the report.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report