Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inv2020 - Dwg Dimension with Model Paramerter not updated in some case

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jimmyflash
227 Views, 3 Replies

Inv2020 - Dwg Dimension with Model Paramerter not updated in some case

Inventor 2020

When the model parameter is used in drawing dimension and the parameter is changed the drawing dimension updates .

But when model parameter is from any reason deleted and created again with identical parameter name the drawing dimension become unlinked.

Maybe it could be less sensitive and check only the parameter name, but not the parameter internal ID.

What do you think?

jimmyflash_0-1659692194149.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jimmyflash

Hi! I suspect the parameter of interest there is either 0 or it is in a unit incompatible with the equation. Is it in length unit? In this case, it should be unitless in order to work.

Please share the files here. Forum experts can help take a further look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
jimmyflash
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Nope, parameter workes well until removed and recreated IDENTICAL parameter. I mean IDENTICAL!

Impossible to share the file. It is about the following the steps to see the result.

Btw. in dimension is used the text value of parameter....doesn't matter the unit.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jimmyflash

Hi Jimmy,

If possible, please share the files with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the drawing dimension behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report