Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersecting two curved faces

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jwallace7WLCC
123 Views, 1 Reply

Intersecting two curved faces

Hi Community,

I'm fairly new to inventor, but have some general modeling experience, mostly in Sketchup and a few other programs. I'm trying to create a compound/complex face profile by intersecting the curved face with another solid with the profile I need. In the attached picture I drew an arrow of the face I need to end up with in the attached picture. Can someone tell me a way (hopefully an easy way as I'm barely stumbling through inventor enough to be considered proficient) to create this face? I'm sorry if this is rudimentary for you inventor pros, but I've been trying for hours to figure it out with no success, so I thought I'd query the experts. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MH-J
in reply to: jwallace7WLCC

Have a look at the replace face function in the surfaces area of the ribbon. One thing to note is the surface will need to extend past the faces of the solid so in this case it looks like it needs to be a bit longer. In the surfaces area on the ribbon there is an extend surface function that should do that for you.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report