Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Rob_Froeling
1134 Views, 13 Replies

Installation error

When trying to install update Inventor 2016 R3 I get the message:

Installation encountered an unexpexcted error.

Error Code: (3221225477)

Following the link ""See More" doesn't bring me a solution.

Who knows what to do??

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

@Rob_Froeling

Just go here and do it the old fashion way.  Smiley Wink 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: Rob_Froeling

What if you try to update again?

Or update manually by downloading that file from the subscription site (manage.autodesk.com now I guess)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

@Rob_Froeling

Just go here and do it the old fashion way.  Smiley Wink 

@Mark.Lancaster I thought the "old fashion way" was  "they earn it"

right at the end of this quick video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMRXqQXemU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 14

Went there, browsed the list but couldn't locate the R3 update....??? 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Rob_Froeling

I'm having the same problem when I use the Autodesk Desktop App.  Went to the link you embedded and there is no Inventor R3 update.  Did a search on Inventor R3 and I got a few updates listed and I downloaded the one for Inventor 2016 R3 "Inventor2016_R3.exe", 50,729 KB) .  Tried to run the program and nothing happens.  R2 loaded just fine.

Replying to Mark and not Info, the original poster.

Dell XPS, Windows 8.1

Message 7 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Rob_Froeling

In your Autodesk Account/Management section did you search under the Product Update section?  It is a pain and you need to do a lot of looking..  Smiley Very Happy  If its not there your contract administrator for your subscription may have block it from showing up since they have that capability.

@Anonymous

WHen you launched the exe you didn't see any progress on the installation?  WHen you launch Inventor now do you see the Inventor Connect design (blue) icon in the lower right hand corner of the Inventor screen?  If you go to Windows Control Panel/Program and Features/Add&REmove programs/Updates do you see the R3 version there?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 14

been there... It's a long list indeed, but thanks for the F3-key... I let Chrome search for "R3" but the reply was empty.....

Also looked at the "products"-page, Inventor 2016 downloads, updates, but there the result was also empty.

Is Autodesk playing tricks with us....??

By the way, I'm the contract manager, user, head of engineering etc., it's a one-man company Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14

@Rob_Froeling

I'm not finding it in my account either..  Maybe Autodesk pulled it.   You may need to log a support case through your Autodesk ID for resolution.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 14

In case Autodesk pulled it I think it's for a reason.... What are the main issues in R3 anyway??

Message 11 of 14

Hello, i have the same problem with Inventor 2016.

But now I have installed Inventor build 138; 2016RTM update 1; 04/14/2015.

The Update 1 can't uninstall now. In the Autodesk Desktop App i see update R2. 

When I trying to install R2, I get the same message as a Rob Froeling: Error Code - 3221225477.

I downloaded all the updates manually (SP1, SP2, R2, R3). I tried to run the updates and nothing happens.

Can you please advise what to do?

Thank you for any advice.

Message 12 of 14

@Milan_Nosil

At this point I would perform a clean uninstall of Inventor 2016 per these instructions.  Just make sure to adjust settings if you have other Autodesk products already installed/working on your machine.

Then install Inventor 2016 using the Autodesk Virtual Agent method...

Then..

1. Apply the R2/SP1
  2. Apply R3
  3. Apply update 1 to R2/Sp1
  4. Apply Service pack 2
  5. Apply update 1 to SP2

However I'm assuming you are a "active" subscription customer and entitled to the R2 and R3 release for Inventor 2016.

Mark Lancaster

Message 13 of 14

Thank you, I'll try it and let you know how it went.

Message 14 of 14

Thank you for your advice, after reinstalling the problem is solved Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report