Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting graphic symbols into text

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
gmarken
1351 Views, 10 Replies

Inserting graphic symbols into text

Hello,

I am using Inventor 2019. This has been an ongoing issue, why can't symbols such as diameter or degree be inserted into leader text? The error message reads 'the parameter is incorrect'. What am I doing wrong?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
SBix26
in reply to: gmarken

More information needed.  Doesn't it work to just type them (Alt-0176 for °, for example) or pick them from the symbol list on the right of the edit text dialog?  From the error message it appears that you're trying to do this by means of a parameter, but no idea how you've attempted it.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2020.1.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 11
mcgyvr

@gmarken wrote:

Hello,

I am using Inventor 2019. This has been an ongoing issue, why can't symbols such as diameter or degree be inserted into leader text? The error message reads 'the parameter is incorrect'. What am I doing wrong?

Yes please provide more details.. 

You can easily add symbols using the "Insert Symbol" section in the Format Text dialog box.. 

Diameter.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 11
gmarken
in reply to: SBix26

I have tried to insert the graphic from the dialog box. Diameter, degree and plus/minus are greyed out. All other symbols can be inserted.
Message 5 of 11
mcgyvr

@gmarken wrote:
I have tried to insert the graphic from the dialog box. Diameter, degree and plus/minus are greyed out. All other symbols can be inserted.

Can you post an image of that or even better a screencast showing the issue?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast

Autodesk has chosen to highlight those gray like you can see in my image.. You can still pick them though..

If you truly can't select those have you tried the Inventor Reset Utility? (Export application options first if you have customized any)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 11
gmarken
in reply to: mcgyvr

I have had this issue even with previous releases of Inventor. I would post a screencast, but I do not want to restart my computer at this time to finish the program install.  Here is a screen shot of the error message. As I said all other graphic symbols can be inserted, just not the three at the top of the drop down.

Message 7 of 11
Jason.Rugg

@gmarkenI would suggest doing a repair on your Inventor installation.

Message 8 of 11
mcgyvr

@gmarken wrote:

I have had this issue even with previous releases of Inventor. I would post a screencast, but I do not want to restart my computer at this time to finish the program install.  Here is a screen shot of the error message. As I said all other graphic symbols can be inserted, just not the three at the top of the drop down.

So it seems that in the past has been tied to addins or other customization causing problems.. But very few if any reported cases marked as "solved".. 

Have you tried the Inventor Reset Utility?

Do regular diameter or angular dimensions show that symbol? Tried to repair AIDGT fonts.. 

Do you run any addins that are not included out of the box?

Any custom VBA functions/macros?

Ilogic programs?

What version of Windows? Is it fully up to date?

Have you tried a repair install?

@johnsonshiue  Johnson.. Any idea what may be causing that dialog/loss of symbol functionality for them?

Message 9 of 11
gmarken
in reply to: mcgyvr

No, I have not run the utility. I will try that. Also we have no customization at all and yes those symbols appear and function in dimension and hole annotation dialog boxes.

Message 10 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! I vaguely remember there was a bug in 2019 RTM build like this. It should have been fixed in later updates. Please make sure you install 2019.4 update followed by 2019.4.2 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 11
gmarken
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks, I am behind on updates, so I will give that a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report