Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Frame not working!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ortem
1144 Views, 4 Replies

Insert Frame not working!

Hi,

I think I might have managed to ruin my frame generator tool by mistake. Every time I try click on the 'Insert Frame@ tool it comes up with a message saying 'failed to read data from content centre' - In red lettering.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to do to set it up again?

Is this the correct library that the frames are in?   C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Content Center\Libraries

Cheers

Vinny

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ortem

@ortem

In Tools/Application Options/Content Center tab, what is it set to?  Desktop Content or Vault server?

If Desktop, what path does it state for there?

If there's a path, go to that location using Windows Explorer.  Is there a .IDCL files located there?

Also check your active Inventor Project file..  Select the lower right hand corner button (manage content center) and when the next dialog appears, check the path at the top of that dialog and make sure all the required CC libraries are checked.

Update:  If you need to make changes to what CC libraries are checked for your active project file, it may be in a read-only mode which means you'll have to close out all opened Inventor files to make changes to your active project file.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
ortem
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I've managed to fix it, no idea why it stopped working!

All good now.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ortem

@ortem

Good to hear..

Can you tell the community (for Future users having the issue)..  How it was resolved?

In addition for the future, if you did get it resolved on your own or by the help of someone else before someone replies, just update your posting to let us know.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
ortem
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

That's just it, I've no idea, I tried it again and it worked. I didn't change anything at all.

Maybe it was just a bug or something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report