Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert frame members - frame Generator

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lkirit2000
347 Views, 4 Replies

Insert frame members - frame Generator

Hi

Please see the attached cad files, part and assy .

I have created a sketch and assy for frame generation for that sketch.

I have another same job with only one dimension changes.

So I changed the file name and assy name to make a duplicate copy.

Then I changed the dimension in  the duplicated sketch file , dimension changes in the original part ( sketch ) and assy file.

How I can fix this ?

Rgds

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: lkirit2000

Hi! I think it depends on how yo make the "copy." I believe you need to use iLogic Design Copy or Design Assistant to make the copy. If you just copy the files, the skeletal source will stay the same.

For the existing copy, you can use Design Assistant to change the skeletal source to the new copy skeletal source.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
lena.talkhina
in reply to: lkirit2000

Hello @lkirit2000  !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Message 4 of 5

Hi there.. I cannot open your files for some reason and I see another post might help you too... from what I read I will give you my two cents...

Did you try to -SAVE AS- and then create a new name for the new file.. this will create a duplicate sketch ( skeleton ) for your frame that can be altered and have no relation to your first " copy ".

Hope this helps 

( build skeleton 1 [sketch] >> design frame >> go back to skeleton 1 and SAVE AS >> make new file skeleton 2>>  make changes to skeleton 2 [sketch] >> no changes will happen to skeleton 1 >> design new frame for skeleton 2 )

Message 5 of 5

id like to add u cannot modify the frame and make a duplicate while in frame generator design since the skeleton is directly linked to the frame, thus both frames will share the same sketch ( as far as I know ).   Therefore you must make your copies at the skeletal level ( sketch level ) and then move up to frame design from there.. for small frames this is easy.. larger frames can cause some tears due to member counts and end treatment duplicating.. however they have made some nice changes to speed this up recently.

also I made a post in the IDEAS forums, about using iassembly to make these subtle alterations to Frame Generator and allow them remain independent from the sketch.. even if your sketch must include all design dimensions and "lines" for all frame members, including the ones you suppress between the alterations, then you could call upon these changes when placing them into another assembly,  ( not sure if they are able todo this because I think the root problem is end treatments,  but sure would help ), so if there is no solution to your problem please give my IDEAS a thumbs up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report