Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect rendering in Inventor Studio 2018

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
lkirit2000
590 Views, 12 Replies

Incorrect rendering in Inventor Studio 2018

Hi,

I practised rendering it took 15 hours but still hasn't completed. But I followed the instructions as per lessons. According to lessons it took only 6 minutes. Please see the attached image ?

Please anyone can explain, why is that take too long time ? It will affect the rendering in my job, if needed ?

Rgds

rendering.JPG

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: lkirit2000

Hello,

It does not looks correct to me, would you mind share your data to me and project team can debug more.

Emial: xun.zhang@autodesk.com

Thanks

Xun
Message 3 of 13
lkirit2000
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Hi Xun,

Please see the attached files. Please giude me if I am wrong in any steps.

Rgds

Message 4 of 13
Xun.Zhang

Hello,

The single iam file can't be loaded and every component is missing during open.

However, suspect you are using the output option "until satisfactory" and the process will never stop, you can save the image in any time and close the process. In your pdf file, it was talked as notes:

Untitled1.png

Two ways to handle, one is set the maximum time for each rendering, the second one, just save it in your current setting and cancel the rendering process.

Untitled.png

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 5 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@lkirit2000

Personally I've never see Inventor studio take 6 minutes at all unless you are rendering only a sec or 2 or you are not allowing it to render properly (meaning a very low resolution) at all..

When I render in studio, I process my overall animation in 5 secs increments and depending on my animation/resolution and etc..  I'm looking at a min of 2 to 2 1/2 hours.   <-- Sorry I was thinking you were rendering animations in studio.   I now see you were just rendering the image.

What lesson are you even looking at that states that?  <-- Disregard that..  My browser didn't update and wasn't aware that you had already provided the information.  However you have miss-read the information..  Its just states that image was based on the rendering after 6 mins.  It doesn't state the rendering finished in 6 mins..  Smiley LOL

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 13
lkirit2000
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. 

Please let me know How improve rendering time ? Is it because of hardware components Ex: RAM, GRAPHICS CARD etc.,

Rgds

Message 7 of 13
kelly.young

Hello @lkirit2000 just a bit of housekeeping, if you attach an assembly.iam we need all the parts.ipt as well. Would be better to perform a Pack & Go as .zip. 

It really depends on the strength of your computer on how fast you can render. There is an ongoing post about Inventor Speed if you want to get more in depth. 

How fast is your Inventor PC really?

It might help to check your System Requirements and make sure you're meeting if not exceeding them.

At times I've used junk computers over the years and run Inventor successfully, but when trying to render I would struggle and have to leave it overnight. If the bar is moving and you're seeing progress it might just be you need a bit of an upgrade to speed up the process. 

The computer I have here is a monster and cost a ton so creating renderings is pretty quick, I found an old vise in the forums, set to 1600x1200 @ 400 High Box and it took four minutes twenty seconds. 

Machine Vise.png

Hope that provides you with a little more info.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 8 of 13
lkirit2000
in reply to: kelly.young

Hi Kelly,

Please see the attached Zip files.

Rgds

Message 9 of 13
leowarren34

If you want the short and sweet reply to hardware, An I7 or I9 is fine coupled with high end GTX card, 16gb of ram is enough unless you do large assemblies and an ssd is always handy. No need for xeons as they cost alot and have low clock speeds, no need for quadros unless youre a professional and are doing massive renders

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 10 of 13
lkirit2000
in reply to: leowarren34

Hi 

Thanks for your info. What No of GTX card you recommend. 

Really It needs Quadcore Processor.

Rgds

Message 11 of 13
leowarren34

Go for a GTX 1070 or above, if your budget allows a TITAN, or even an old titan off ebay etc

I7X or I9X are all 6 cores and above with crazy clock speeds, My 7800X is solid for IV

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 12 of 13
lkirit2000
in reply to: leowarren34

Hi 

Thanks for your response.

Rgds

Message 13 of 13
I_Forge_KC

Be aware that renderings in the Studio Environment or via the Raytracing option in the View tab are both CPU operations and not related to the graphics card. Raytracing operations, in general, are multi-threaded operations, so the more cores you can throw at them, the better.

Inventor, as a design package, requires a balance of clock speed vs cores for optimum performance. Most modeling tasks are coded for single core computing, though certain operations (FEA, drawing views, renderings, etc.) can capitalize on many cores.

Your system topology really depends on what you're looking to achieve. For my day-to-day modeling, I use an I7 8700k (6c/12t) but for my FEA and rendering, I have a dual Xeon 2696v4 (44c/88t). The Xeon workstation looks like a beast from the outside, but when I'm doing single-threaded operations (things like Dynamic Simulation especially), it is crazy slow. The flip side is that with the Xeon machine I can render your same scene to the same 270,000 iterations in under two hours.

K. Cornett
Generative Design Consultant / Trainer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report