Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incompatible units error on parts list

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jason_mcowenPBP7J
757 Views, 7 Replies

incompatible units error on parts list

Good Afternoon,

trying to finalise a weldment detail and the parts list has to rows in the length column that states " incompatible units error". I cant see where this is coming from and why this is happening, I even tried to override manually the value and it came up with a weird number?

Any ideas as its driving me round the bend?

Kind Regards

Jason

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 3 of 8

The 3rd column in the table you pictured shows that the rows giving you issues consist of multiple parts which were "rolled up" together (shows an icon like a sideways bar graph instead of the cube). It's possible that 1 or more of those parts have been set to different units than the others, so I'd open up each of those parts (or check parts-only BOM in assembly) to see what they're set at and make sure all are the same.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

this could be the cause as I have noticed with this current release of Inventor, even thought the template has been set to metric, it still displayed imperial units. So definitely a bug in there somewhere. 

Message 5 of 8

Hi Jason,

I would like to see an example of unit reset. I am not aware of such behavior. I think this issue could be related to incompatible unit or substituted values. Please share the files in zip here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 8

@jason_mcowenPBP7J wrote:

Hi,

..... I have noticed with this current release of Inventor, even thought the template has been set to metric, it still displayed imperial units. So definitely a bug in there somewhere. 

The Document Settings > Units in the Content Center template for your problem components is set to imperial units.  When you look at the BOM in a model, or the Parts List on the drawing, the unit/decimal place information on parts comes from the part-level Document Settings.

In Inventor 2022 (I think) they added a tickbox called" Use Assembly Units" which is brilliant.  (See Tools > Application Options > File > "File Naming Defaults...")

Peter
Message 7 of 8

Oops - deleted duplicate post 🙂

Peter
Message 8 of 8

I believe, this is the issue I was having and I was directed to a forum topic by a colleague in the states. 

Unit Qty "Varies" in BOM from Frame Generator - Autodesk Community - Inventor 

I'm satisfied for now, I have other issues which I will create another forum post for.

Many Thanks for you time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report