Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impossible to check in after placing parts from content center

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
141 Views, 0 Replies

impossible to check in after placing parts from content center

Hi,
We've upgraded from IV/Vault2008 to release2009 for both IV and Vault. We had quite a few parts published into our content center before the migration, but i now find that many of them will cause problems which i do not recall haveing before the migration.
When i want to check in the assembly that also contains a content center part we published ourselves, the check-in procedure is interrupted and i get the message:

A problem occurred while attempting to add the file 'xxxxx.ipt' to the server. Would you like to continue adding any remaining files? The server returned the following information: Unknown Server Error.

Although the other files are correctly checked-in, the main assembly as well as the part itself are not, and i receive an additional error.

The parent xxxxx.iam will not be added due to problems with dependent xxxxx.ipt

This does not happen with all files we published to the content center.
Is there any way to solve this issue? Now i can only check in the assembly after i deleted the file causing the problem.

With some parts i found that the original part that was published was somehow defective (surface issues for example). Most of the parts are generated from files originating from our suppliers (so we get step, sat, etc). However, the files did not give any trouble when we published then previously, and assemblies containing them were able to check in normally before. How can we fix this? Edited by: asco-engineering on Nov 6, 2009 11:39 AM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report