Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Stair Driven by Requirement Conditions and Parameters

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1531 Views, 7 Replies

iLogic Stair Driven by Requirement Conditions and Parameters

So I'm trying to create a stairway in Inventor such that when I put in the height and length of the stairs, it will spit one out. The problem I'm having arises when I try to put in the stair requirements. I am constrained by the condition 23.5" < g+2r < 26" where g is the horizontal distance between the front edge of each step and h is the vertical distance between each step.

Any idea how I can work this condition into the iLogic and/or Parameters? I'm new to iLogic and still trying to figure things out, but so far I haven't really been able to find anything that helps me much with this specific constraint.

Thanks,

-Luke

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: iLogic

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi luke.nealon,

Welcome to the forum.

Sound interesting. Can you attach an example file? Also, what version of Inventor are you using (Inventor 2014, 2015, 2016...) ?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I'm using Inventor 2014. Also, I'm loosely basing my starting point based on this youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqs_QNOx2NI

You'll see in the attached file that I've created several Reference Parameters, including Height, Length, gain, and rise. Ideally, I'd like to be able to put in Height and Length and have it tell me the gain (horizontal distance between steps) and rise (vertical distance between steps), as well as the ideal number of steps using the equation:
23.5" < g + 2r < 26"

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi luke.nealon,

I didn't get a chance to look at this yesterday, but will try to today, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Luke,

I'm not real certain what it is you're wanting from the equation you mentioned before. Is it two equations? That makes some sense to me. It looks like you're saying

23.5" < (g+2r) < 26"

I'm not completely certain but I don't know that that solves well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since you have two variables, does that not give you a very broad range of possiblities?

At any rate, I can definitely help with making this happen. I'll probably take a slightly different approach than what the stair tutorial does but it can be done.

Message 6 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi luke.nealon,

See attached. Probably not exactly wht you were after, but it should give you some ideas on how to proceed, if you study the model tree and sketch setup.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I think that I can help you.

MATHEMATICAL REASONING

EXPLANATION.PNG

1) CREATING USER PARAMETERS

N_STEP=NUMBER OF STEPSN_STEP=NUMBER OF STEPS

2)DO AN SKETCH

CHANGE THE NAME OF THE REFERNCE PARAMETER BY ALFACHANGE THE NAME OF THE REFERNCE PARAMETER BY ALFA

THAT LINE HAS TO BE EQUALTHAT LINE HAS TO BE EQUAL

CHANGE THE REFERENCE PARAMETERS BY STH YOU REMEMBER LATER FOR THE PATTERNCHANGE THE REFERENCE PARAMETERS BY STH YOU REMEMBER LATER FOR THE PATTERNEXTRUDE, YOU CAN CONTROL THE DEPTH AND THE WIDTH OF THE STEP BY PARAMETERS IF YOU WANTEXTRUDE, YOU CAN CONTROL THE DEPTH AND THE WIDTH OF THE STEP BY PARAMETERS IF YOU WANT

create the codecreate the code

TAKE THE HYPOTENUSE AS A REFERENCE LINE, TAKE THE (N_STEP-1(i CONSIDER THE FLOOR AS A LAST AND FIRST STEP)AS A NUMBER OF ITEMSTAKE THE HYPOTENUSE AS A REFERENCE LINE, TAKE THE (N_STEP-1(i CONSIDER THE FLOOR AS A LAST AND FIRST STEP)AS A NUMBER OF ITEMS

FOR THE DISTANCE USE THE DISTANCE_BETWEEN_STEP (THE REFERENCE PARAMETERS)

IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN CREATE A FORMIF YOU WANT, YOU CAN CREATE A FORM

YOUR MODEL IS DONEYOUR MODEL IS DONE

I hope I have been able to help you with my answer. If you have any doubt or suggestion or my answer is not working, please let me know it.

Message 8 of 8
Jesper_S

Hi @Anonymous

I made this stair a while back ago.

It's based on the ISO 14122 standard.

It uses mm instead of inch, but it's the same requirements.

It prompts a warning if your stair is doesn't meet the  600mm < g + 2r < 660mm requirement.

Open the iLogic Form to change the stair parameters

//Jesper

//Jesper

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report