Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFeature Not Working Correctly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
george.fray
1059 Views, 6 Replies

IFeature Not Working Correctly

Hi All,

Having issues when producing an Ifeature into a model. Essentially, I am producing an 'IFeature Model' so that all of our features can be referenced to this part. I have set feature up to include Extend Extrude Cuts.

It works effectively in a simple part but when attempting to use within an Extrusion Design 'Extrude' part, it does not flag any errors but simply doesn't produce part of the IFeature. Very limited experience with IFeatures.

iFeature Not Working.PNGIFeature Settings.PNGWorking IFeature.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jon.Dean
in reply to: george.fray

Hi @george.fray,

Can you explain the difference between the two parts, left and right picture?

Can you also share your iFeature, so we can test the behaviour?

Cheers.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 7
george.fray
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Hi John,

The Differences between the two are the consumed 'extrude' sketches have different geometry also the part I am attempting to place is an IPT. When the IFeature works, its only within the original part. (The 'ifeature body' as i called it.)

Please see the attached files, I am extracting the IFeature from IFeature Body to the 0553 - Asia Affinity SG Production Ipart.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

From the looks of it one part is multi-body and the other one isn't.

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I think I have found a solution. The issue with the holes (cutouts) not showing up is because of how the workplane was defined. The workplane was based on YZ and the sketch. There is nothing wrong with it. However, the sketch based on the workplane would have a fixed coordinate system. When you insert it to another part, not oriented the same way, the cutouts will not appear properly.

Instead of relying on the second pick to define the cutouts, I use the geometry on "Nemef 9620 F-Face Sketch" to define "Lock Centre Plane" and also edit the coordinate system of "Nemef: 9620 Sash-Lock Thru-Holes" sketch so it is oriented properly relative to other geometry. Please take a look at the attached base part and iFeature. It should work in the iPart now.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
george.fray
in reply to: johnsonshiue

It worked, but as the sketch was incorrect so I went in to amend but I cannot reproduce the result you had, would you mind producing a screencast so I can watch a step by step video?

Thankyou for your time!

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

;D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report