Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons derived parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JEHADESIGN
400 Views, 3 Replies

Icons derived parts

Hi All,

I have derived a generic part into several other parts and made Body/Parts from there, which all goes well.

However I observe some differences in the derived parts which I can't recall doing differently. But different sign in the View tree shows  that "something has happened" - see figur below !

What does thedse pictograms tell ?

Where can I find info about this topic OR has anyone a simple answer to "solutions" ?

JEHADESIGN_0-1675845869017.png

Claus

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: JEHADESIGN

I believe that indicates a Sketch Block.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023.2.1 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 3 of 4
DanfysikClaus
in reply to: JEHADESIGN

Thanks for the reply but do not think it cover the issue, because both item marked is sketched blocks and still they have different sign !

Any one else have a explanation ?

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: DanfysikClaus

The arrow over the icon indicates that it is already marked for Export.  If you cancel, go back into the source part and mark that sketch block for export (right click > Export), then it will have the arrow, too. 

Or if you just go ahead and finish your derive operation, the next time you edit that derive operation the arrow will be there.  For some reason, Inventor requires that objects in the source file are marked for Export in order to be used in a derived part, but all objects are by default not marked for Export.  That's why you are often asked to save the source file after a derive-- those Export flags have been set on all the objects used in the derive (that weren't previously set).

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023.2.1 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report