Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly question...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chris
248 Views, 3 Replies

iAssembly question...

I created an iAssembly, within this iAssembly I have a few iparts... but I cant figure out how to change the ipart components for specific sizes? I don't see any tab within the "author" window that allows me or shows me the size options for parts within the iAssembly?iAssembly.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: chris

Hi Chris,

Based on the image you attached, the iPart of interest is an iPart factory file, not an iPart member file. The first thing you need to do is to use Replace Component workflow to replace it with an iPart member. Go to the assembly browser -> right-click on the iPart factory -> Components -> Replace -> find the iPart factory file again. Inventor will prompt you to select a member from the iPart table. After that, you will be able to select a specific iPart member from the iAssembly table.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
chris
in reply to: johnsonshiue

yep, figured it out... it was an ipart, but I created "within" the assembly, so I deleted the part out and placed it back in, everything is working good now. (is that a bug)

iAssembly_2.JPG

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: chris

@Anonymous wrote:

yep, figured it out... it was an ipart, but I created "within" the assembly, so I deleted the part out and placed it back in, everything is working good now. (is that a bug)

No its always worked like that...

If a part is placed into an assembly and THEN made into an ipart you always just need to replace it with itself..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report