Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iassembly parts list

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1015 Views, 2 Replies

iassembly parts list

I'm creating a drawing for an iassembly, and I can't get the parts list to automatically show a specific configuration's BOM.  I've tried filtering, "Ballooned Items Only," and that doesn't change anything.  I've tried to create a parts list that looks at the child assembly, and the parts list reverts to the parent iassembly.

In the Browser, there's a lightening bolt next to each parts list in the tree.  There are three parts lists/configurations.

The parts list lists parts that aren't in the assembly shown, and/or shows wrong quantities.  I can manually update the bom, but I would much rather not.  Is there a macro or add in that would help me?  I'll be making many prints from iassemblies, and this would be very helpful.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bobvdd
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you share your data set?

If you don't want to share it publicly on the newsgroup, please upload a zip to Autodesk 360 and then privately share it with me (bob.van.der.donck@autodesk.com).

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 3
bobvdd
in reply to: Anonymous

Wanted to report back to the newsgroup what Evelyn's problem and solution was.

It was not a drawing problem but an assembly problem.The BOM in the iAssembly was corrupted and was not showing the QTY of the excluded componenets correctly.

Here is a screenshot that explains the phenomenon.

BOMwrong.JPG

The solution was to recreate the iAssembly members by toggling the include/exclude state of the excluded components.

Cheers

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report