Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly of iParts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
248 Views, 2 Replies

iAssembly of iParts

Am I totally missing something or is there no way to make an iAssembly of iParts? I am sure I could build the models differently but iParts are cool and easy. Please help! Andrew
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I need a bit more information about what exactly want to achieve. Could you tell me what you would like to see working? I should be able to tell you the best workflow to achieve it or it is simply impossible in Inventor right now.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

yeah it works fine.. I have plenty of iassemblies with iparts in them..

BUT one caveat that might be your issue.. IF you create the ipart AFTER you have placed it into an iassembly as a regular part you cannot change the ipart members even though it shows like an ipart now..

The workaround is to simply right click on the ipart and select  "component....replace" and replace it with itself. Then you can change members as needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report