Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.iam Update Issue

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
ASchlaack
829 Views, 24 Replies

.iam Update Issue

I'm just trying to change the length of a bar from 84" to 82" and when I do that in the part file it works just find and I can save it no problem. But I have an assemboly with that same part in it, when I open up the assemboly and update it the bar itself won't update and change length.

I've had this same issue witha few parts lately right after I did the lastest Inventor update. Is anyone else having thi issue and is there a fix for it?

Thanks

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: ASchlaack

@ASchlaack wrote:

What would cause my generate model selection to be ghosted so I can't select it?

You aren't doing something right 🙂

In what the ipart file?

Do you have the factory ipart open? Table open in excel?

Selecting something else too?

Screenshot?

Close whatever you have open besides the ipart factory ipt file..

Do a rebuild all.. then expand the table node in the ipt.. Select 1 member and right click and pick "generate files".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 22 of 25
ASchlaack
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 23 of 25
ASchlaack

I do not know exactly what I did don't messing around with a mix of what all you have said got it working. Thank you all!

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 24 of 25
mcgyvr

Never seen that before.. but I would recommend you close ALL files AND Inventor.

Then reopen JUST the ipart factory file and try it again..

If its still missing maybe you could edit the ipart table and hit the verify button as maybe something isn't happy there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 25 of 25
ASchlaack
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hey mcgyvr, I'm still having this issue though out outer assembolies that aren't related to the one I  was talking about earlier.... Could this be a programming error/ a setting somewhere? And if it is would yo uby chance know what it is? Or atleast how to go about figuring all of this out so I can make it work...

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report