Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a few parts that aren’t showing all cuts in it, on the nest. The cutouts

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jbrabbleUWS6B
584 Views, 6 Replies

I have a few parts that aren’t showing all cuts in it, on the nest. The cutouts

I have a few parts that aren’t showing all cuts in it, on the nest. The cutouts are on the part, but not in the nested part.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

If you uncheck this box, it may help with some of your missing cuts.

Un-Nestable.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
forrestshi
in reply to: jbrabbleUWS6B

Hi @jbrabbleUWS6B,

Thanks for reaching out. Sounds like a layer configuration issue but not 100% sure. Are you using Inventor .ipt files? Something like a screenshot would be helpful or you can attach your source parts and the .inest file so that I can have a try.

Regards,

Forrest

Message 4 of 7

Didn't work. Thanks

Message 5 of 7
jbrabbleUWS6B
in reply to: forrestshi

Its a large nest. Over 40 different parts. I have 5 parts that are missing internal geometry. I did another nest of just the parts in question.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jbrabbleUWS6B

Hi @jbrabbleUWS6B,

I've checked you model and found the root cause is the provider. Those non-sheetmetal parts are using Inventor Part provider and with that provider, the first extrusion of the model will be used to create the 2D shape. Since it really depends on user's modeling steps, it may not give the expected shape in some cases.

In Nesting Utility 2019.2 or later version, we've supported a new provider called "Generic CAD" and it will be helpful for your cases. I've verified it can work. Attached are the .inest file I made and a short video to show you how to switch the provider.

Inventor Part vs Generic CAD.png

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Forrest

Message 7 of 7
jbrabbleUWS6B
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, that works

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report