Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not save changes in my part list (.idw), changes are only temporary

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andreas_schleif
108 Views, 4 Replies

I can not save changes in my part list (.idw), changes are only temporary

Hello,
I can't save the changes to my component list.
I would like the changes I have made to the parts list and the parts list within a drawing to remain permanently changed in a template. But I cannot press the save button. (green bordered on the pic)
Thank you very much for your efforts

Regards
Andreas

Inv_Forum.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blandb
in reply to: andreas_schleif

What changes are you referring to? Are they formatting changes? Do you want these to be the same all the time for every drawing? Can you explain more of what you are exactly doing?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
andreas_schleif
in reply to: blandb

Hello

I have added the columns Material, Masse, Schnittdetail1 und Schnittdetail2.
Yes, I would like these additions to be listed in every drawing that is created with a specific template.

With kind regards

Andreas

Message 4 of 5
blandb
in reply to: andreas_schleif

Then those need to be done in the template in your styles editor. That way, when you create new drawings, they will always appear that way. Once saved, make sure your project settings have use style library set to read-write. 

blandb_0-1720550813404.png

This will allow you to save the settings to the style library by going to the manage tab > styles and standards panel > save.

blandb_1-1720550855804.png

Then any old drawings you open, you can choose to "update" the styles from the styles library to bring that drawing up to your current standard by going to Manage tab > Styles and standards panel > Update.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
andreas_schleif
in reply to: blandb

thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report