Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to miter two sheet metal flanges interfering?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
henryjoseph9804
199 Views, 7 Replies

How to miter two sheet metal flanges interfering?

Hi everyone,

I need some assistance please. I'm sure I've done this before but I can't remember exactly how.

I would like to miter "Flange 2 & Flange 3" with "Face 2". How would I go about this? (Similar to screenshot)

henryjoseph9804_0-1721193098879.png

All feedback is welcome! I am using IV2023. My attempt has been attached.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi, your cut is the problem here.
Make them all 10mm flanges and then you get an automitre. 

James_Willo_0-1721195021006.png

Then add the other bit on after. 

James_Willo_1-1721195158725.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 3 of 8

@James_Willo Thank you so much for the feedback, that makes a lot more sense than how I was trying to go about it.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Message 4 of 8
IgorMir
in reply to: henryjoseph9804

For those cases when auto-mitre doesn't work (different flanges width, for example, and the edges got to be selected individually) - create a flange using Offset option. Then - apply Corner to corresponding flanges.
Cheers,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 5 of 8

In Inventor 2025 you can create a Flange Edge set so you can add the offsets too at the same time. You can still only have one distance though in a single command. 

James_Willo_0-1721284024918.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 6 of 8
IgorMir
in reply to: James_Willo

I was referring to the cases, when width of the flanges are different. But when they are identical  - selecting all corresponding edges at once will deliver the auto-mittering. There is no need to use Offset option in this case scenario.

Cheers,

Igor.

@James_Willo wrote:

In Inventor 2025 you can create a Flange Edge set so you can add the offsets too at the same time. You can still only have one distance though in a single command. 

James_Willo_0-1721284024918.png

Message 7 of 8

Sorry to confuse you Igor, I wasn't responding to you, just saying there's extra options in the new version. 
The original file has offsets in these two locations

James_Willo_0-1721303095852.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 8 of 8
IgorMir
in reply to: James_Willo

Hi, James;

The flange in the middle is missing in your screen shot. But I afraid - we are going on tangent here. The OP question was nothing short of being ordinary, really. I believe - he has got an answer he was looking for already. 🙂
Cheers,

Igor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report