Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a hole follow a part when you move it

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
372 Views, 1 Reply

How to make a hole follow a part when you move it

I didnt have much luck in the customisation forum and I believe my question is quite simple. I would like to have a component (f.eks. a nut) on a metal sheet which also has a hole for the screw. I would like to move the nut around, and the hole on the metal sheet should update its position. I believe I tried to use iLogic, but im not sure how to do it. 

Thanks,

Lukas

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

One method of doing this is to use an adaptive feature (the hole) to the nut center.  In my screencast I show you the effect of this when you move the nut over the sheet metal part.  I use free move but assembly constrains can be used as well.  The nut was place on the sheet metal part in the assembly.  The sheet metal part was edited in place and the center of the nut was project to a new sketch.  That center was use to place the hole using the hole command.  This makes the hole "Adaptive" to the projected sketch center of the nut.  If the part is made adaptive in the assembly, the hole will follow the nut.

If you want to place a screw with a nut and washer, you can do the same thing with the "Bolted Connection" in the assembly.  This function must have at least the screw to function, a nut by itself will not work although it can be added to the screw.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report