Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a sketch from 123D to a preexisting Inventor part

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
446 Views, 4 Replies

How to import a sketch from 123D to a preexisting Inventor part

Hello. I am new to the forum but have been with autodesk for a year or two. I am trying to engrave a logo into a box i have previously designed. I have been able to use 123D to turn the image into a sketch. I am able to import an extrusion of a 123D sketch to inventor but I don't know how to import the sketch without the extrusion. I need to either isolate the sketch from the exclusion or import the sketch in the box's part file. Once it's there I can't do a negative extrusion to cut into my box. I'm really counting on this working so if anyone knows how to import it into the premade part file please help me out.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Show us the part file you have done the import process and forum experts can take a look.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Here are some screenshots of what I've done. There's a screenshot of the sketch and extrusion in 123d and of the imported model in inventor.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I just found a way to import it as a sketch into the premade file. I can extrude it as i wished but it is not aligned or scaled properly. Is there a way to cove and scale sketches?
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I figured it all out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report