Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export appearance library of colors with texture.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lelouchparanoid
235 Views, 2 Replies

How to export appearance library of colors with texture.

Hi,

I exported the appearance library of these colors in a .adsklib file (see picture)

However when I load the .adsklib file in a new computer, the color shows up fine, but texture is missing

Can anyone advice me on how to export color data along with texture data into a .adsklib file ?

Kind regards,

Irfanul

thumbnail_image005.png

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: lelouchparanoid

The appearance only contains the path and filename of the texture image - not the image itself.

If you export the appearance and move it to a new computer, you need to make sure you copy the image file to the same location it was found on the old computer (otherwise the file/path do not resolve and the texture will indicate "Missing image".)

The file & folder name can be found by hovering the mouse over the image (as shown in your screenshot).  Assuming that texture was not one installed by Inventor, the file location is likely to be in a user-location (My Docs, My Pictures, Downloads, Desktop etc.) 

If the appearance image is a standard one installed by Inventor, try looking in Tools > Application Options > File - the last path shown should be the "Texture folder" location.  

Peter
Message 3 of 3

Hi! You need to make sure the texture image file is still in the same absolute folder path as it was.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report