Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change color of Components

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Lourace-chu
468 Views, 2 Replies

How to change color of Components

Hi! Currently client requested to change the color of all piping line from its default material to their requested color.

I tried to change the color of flange placed from content center in piping route, but error message occurred. By the way, changing color is not just override in the assembly  because when it is exported in parasolid file and load in ICAD Fujitsu, color will be again to its default material color. Please enlighten me if you have some ideas about this issue. Please see my attached file for your reference.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Lourace-chu

Hi! The error dialog is a general warning when Inventor attempts to modify a library component. To unblock, the parts need to be in a non-library folder. Or, you may create a Library Editing project, which has the CC library path under the \Workspace\.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
SharkDesign
in reply to: Lourace-chu

You can change it, but it'll change every pipe you ever insert again which I assume you don't want to do?

You are exporting to another file. 

Try opening a new part.

Click derive.

Choose your assembly.

Tick use color override. Try that and then export the derived file for the customer. 

Does that work?

(This could take some time and hang for a bit if it's big)

jameswillo_0-1632376001736.png

You can also use shrinkwrap.

jameswillo_1-1632376155119.png

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report