Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do expired Autodesk Viewer Files Stay on my Account?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Josh_Hudson97
201 Views, 3 Replies

How long do expired Autodesk Viewer Files Stay on my Account?

Hi,

I've started using 'Shared Views' and have noticed that some views I have created are no longer showing on my account. I know they expire after 30 days are available to extend. But if you don't extend them is there a period where they get deleted? If so how long until they do get removed?

If I've helped you out drop the post a like, if I've given you a solution mark as solved. It's us, 'The community' that makes this place work 😄
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: Josh_Hudson97

@Josh_Hudson97 

Hi Josh, I have checked on this, and learned that once a shared View has been expired, it is gone for good.  Probably not the answer you were hoping for.  Thanks!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
Josh_Hudson97
in reply to: CGBenner

Hi @CGBenner,

Ok I assumed this was the case due to Autodesk storage. It does remain on my account once expire for 'insert number of days here'  do you know how many days that is? So it's live for 30 days and then once expire available to extended for a further 'x'  days.

For some context here, we use Factory Design and share a view with a customer a quotation stage to accompany their traditional drawing. Then if that turns to an order we would extend (or re create if changes happen) the view when it turns to order. However due to our lead times that view might be created and the equipment not delivered for another 30+ days, meaning once the kit is on site the customer can't see the view. We don't want the admin task for out Eng. teams to have to extend them each week or 2.

Is there another workflow you would recommend for this that still used Autodesk Viewer? We want that so end users can view on their mobile phones or home PC's without the need to install anything to view it. We've tried 3D PDF but they're not fit for purpose, the Autodesk Viewer is perfect for this task.

If I've helped you out drop the post a like, if I've given you a solution mark as solved. It's us, 'The community' that makes this place work 😄
Message 4 of 4

Or even add a email notification when a view is about to expire with a link there than can extend it? That wouldn't be perfect but it would certainly be better

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report