Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you set up a custom content center?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
759 Views, 5 Replies

How do you set up a custom content center?

I've never set up a custom content center before and I've done some research on the forums but I could really find the information I was looking for.  My goal is to change the stock number and description to our company standard.  Right now I edit it with the bom editor which is a bit time consuming.  Another goal i would like would be that the part number is always the file name. How would I go about setting this up?  Does anyone have a good whitepaper on it?

-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2010

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mflayler
in reply to: Anonymous

This one is one I wrote back in 2010 release year.  Should help you understand it better.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler

Thanks for the white paper, so far it's been extremely helpful.

I do have a question as I am reading over it.  In the "Editing the Content Center" section you have this line

• If the Content Center is hosted by a shared system ask the Content Center Administrator to create this library.

How do I do this?  I am currently using a set-up with the Vault and the content center saves to a file on the server.  I have administrator priviledges in Vault but how do I add a library to the Content Center?

I've attached a picture of how everything looks now.  You can see that there is a folder set to read write called Custom Overrides.  That was created by someone who isn't here anymore.  I'd just like to create a new library like that and edit from there.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 6
mflayler

You have to go into the ADMS Console and add the library there.  This is not done in Vault Explorer or Inventor.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler

Is it possible that I do not have the ADMS console or does it come with the installation automatically?  I can't find where it would be and even went to my program files folder looking for Autodesk Data Management Console but didn't find anything.

Message 6 of 6
mflayler

It would be on the actual server that hosts the Vault.  Sometimes it is also called the Autodesk Data Management Sever (ADMS)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report