Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I join vertices in Inventor??

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
emaunders
382 Views, 2 Replies

How do I join vertices in Inventor??

Hi,  (Inventor 2022) I have created a profile and extruded it. The profile sketch consists of a spline merging into a flat straight line(with a tangent). After extruding the profile I convert the surface.  I would like the vertices to be spread out evenly on the entire surface but not sure how to do this.  I am only able to select the splined face and then the flat straight face, each face has an equal number of faces but They remain separate. Please helpScreen Vertices.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: emaunders

Hi! I think you can double-click on a short edge segment to select the entire edge. Then hit Delete key to remove it. It should work similarly to Freeform in Fusion 360. I suggest you look into Fusion 360, since it has much more comprehensive Freeform tools and other more flexible modeling approaches. Inventor's Freeform environment is limited in comparison.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
emaunders
in reply to: emaunders

Okay Great, that works! thanks for the help.  I will look into other 3D packages though including the one you mentioned,  as this one is limited.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report