Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete sheet metal parameters

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DonStauffer99
224 Views, 6 Replies

How do I delete sheet metal parameters

Totally by accident I converted a part to sheet metal (not even sure what that's for). Easy enough to click the icon to convert it back, but in Parameters, there's a category "Sheet Metal Parameters: Default (Default)" (a default default?) I can't delete. It wasn't there before. I must be missing the obvious. How do I delete that group of parameters? Right clicking on the group or one of the parameters doesn't give an option to delete. "Purge Unused" doesn't offer to delete those parameters. Haven't found an answer by Search.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

Undo operations to the point before the file was converted to sheet metal.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 7

It was the day before yesterday. I only just noticed the parameters this morning. Undo won't get me that far back. I could recover to a backup, which I might have. I'd just have to figure out what else I've done since the backup.

Surely there's a way to just delete them. Maybe with the API?

Message 4 of 7

I'm in the same boat.

Message 5 of 7

While I get the OCD thing we as a group suffer from but how are those parameters causing you any problems?

I would ignore them and move on

Message 6 of 7

For me it almost caused a component to be manufactured incorrectly because I had assumed that the 'Thickness' parameter was the thickness of the part and used it in a formula.  You are correct though that the main issue is OCD.  In my case, I can't redraw the component from scratch because it is a Content Centre template

Message 7 of 7
James_Willo
in reply to: DonStauffer99

Hi there, I don't think you can, but you can click the '-' next to sheet metal parameters to collapse them at least. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report