Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove reference parameters?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1480 Views, 2 Replies

How can I remove reference parameters?

I Imported an AutoCAD dwg and used the project dwg geomery tool to make a sketch from it, but it turns out that all the dimensions are totally wrong. How can I delete/unlink reference dimensions and input them manually?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

The AutoCAD drawing has been referenced into the sketch which makes it "Reference" geometry.  In my color scheme, reference geometry is dark green.  Edit the sketch, select all the geometry, and then right click and select "Break Link".  This changes the geometry to normal sketch entities.  Then select the driven dimensions and change them to driver dimensions and add any other dimensions you desire and you are good to go.  The background image is the AutoCAD drawing which you can turn off.

Please see Screencast

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
kelly.young
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous This can be frustrating but is a simple fix.

• Edit the Sketch
  • Select All Lines
  • RMB Delete Constraints
  • Add new constraints
  • Finish Sketch
  • RMB on dwg link in browser tree > Delete

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report