Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hose and Pipe runs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chris31
451 Views, 3 Replies

Hose and Pipe runs

Am I missing something or is 1/4" NPT the smallest size the Tube and Pipe Environment will handle?? (I need to do 1/8" NPT fittings to 1/4" ID rubber hose.)

Thanks

Chris Breidenbaugh

Inventor 2021

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: chris31

@chris31 

Tube & Pipe can handle sizes like what you need, but I don't think any of the pipe or fittings exist in the Content Center.... you may have to create some custom families in order to go that small.  I have used 1/8" tubing, but had to create the tube, and associated fittings myself, and then create the tube & pipe styles to control it all.  Depending on what you need, you may be able to find fitting libraries online from your manufacturer's website.  In that case all you need to do is author and publish them.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
chris31
in reply to: CGBenner

thanks for the response.  I'll see if I can make that happen.

One last question.  Because this will be a hose run, can the path be a "3D" type path or sweep??  The hose barbs I want to connect are not on any of the same planes.

Message 4 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: chris31

@chris31 

When you begin a new Hose route (it's been a while so I hope I remember correctly), you should be prompted to place both end fittings, and then the route will essentially be a 3D Spline sketch between them.  You can accept the route that Inventor chooses, or you can edit to add nodes and tweak the route by "pulling" those nodes.  It's not easy or fun, but you can do it.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report