Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Screen Black

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Cottee9
842 Views, 2 Replies

Home Screen Black

After a while the home screen goes black and does not return, can this be fixed? Inventor 2017

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Cottee9

@Cottee9

I've seen some odd behaviors with the home screen but not a complete black screen either.  Based on your information it sounds like it starts fine and then goes black later on, is that correct?

A few things..

1.  Have you applied service pack 1 for Inventor 2017

2.  Is you video card driver up to date?  Don't rely on Windows tell you it is.  Go directly to the vendor's web site.

3.  What happens if you disable the option to display welcome screen in your Application Option, and restart Inventor and then select Home on the Get started screen.  Does it go to a black screen then?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Cottee9
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I believe it's option number two thanks. When I update my driver (and my colleague) it slows down the PC. I'll consult our it support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report