Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole location does not update on flat pattern

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
zsheghewi
393 Views, 6 Replies

Hole location does not update on flat pattern

I have revised a sheetmetal .ipt file that has been migrated from a previous version. All geometry automatically updated on the flat pattern excluding a hole location that changed. The 'Rebuild All' command does not resolve the issue and the part does not show that there is an issue to resolve. This dimensional discrepancy carries thru to the .idw where it can be seen in the image below. Any idea what may have caused this and/or a way to prevent this in the future without having to recreate and dimension the flat pattern? 

Thanks!

Zane

5604-20 engine mount angle-modified.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: zsheghewi

Can you Attach a file here that exhibits this behavior?

Can you reproduce the behavior in a new file?

Message 3 of 7
zsheghewi
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thanks for your reply! The file exhibiting the issue is attached. I have not
seen the issue before and cannot seem to reproduce the behavior in any other
file. Possible file corruption?
Message 4 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! You only attached an image. There is no ipt or idw file. Please attach them here so forum experts can take a look. The behavior does not sound right to me.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7
zsheghewi
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks...The ipt is attached to this reply

Message 6 of 7
blandb

I deleted the flat pattern and recreated it and it appears to be working. Not sure what happened.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I think this probably has something to do with Direct Edit not working correctly with old flat pattern (pre-R11). Starting from R11, Inventor introduced 3D solid body flat pattern, as opposed to the old style face-based flat pattern. Unfortunately, some features like Direct Edit and others may not work well with the old-style flat pattern. I think you will need to delete the old flat pattern and recreate the new flat pattern.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report