Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hinge Motion

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
prestonjharris09
188 Views, 5 Replies

Hinge Motion

Hello everyone. I am a freshman in high school, and I am building an assembly that includes a hinge. I used a Youtube tutorial to build it, but I am having trouble making it move. I am an inventor beginner, so please be patient with me. I have attached my assembly file. Can someone see what I am doing wrong? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi, there is no file attached. Also if you attach an assembly you also need to attach the parts. 

Do you need it to move automatically or by dragging?

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 3 of 6

My bad.  I attached the assembly file to the original post. Here are the parts. I need it to move by dragging. Thank you so much, if you can figure it out let me know what I am doing wrong. 

Message 4 of 6

There's nothing wrong with what you've done constraint wise, you just need to ground one of the parts or everything will move together. Right click one of the parts and choose 'grounded.'

I'm not sure what they're teaching you, but an insert constraint would be quicker for the pin. 

James_Willo_1-1716962179738.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 5 of 6

I also find 'place and ground first component at origin useful in application options. 

James_Willo_0-1716962137300.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 6 of 6

OMG thank you so much, I spent so long working on this and thanks to you I fixed it in 10 seconds. Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report