Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high consumption of RAM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
750 Views, 3 Replies

high consumption of RAM

Working with assemblies 100-500 parts and consumption of ram is up to 4gb, already installed update 1 and the problem continues. I work with Inventor professional 2015.

My Laptop:

6gb RAM

Intel Core i7

Graphics AMD Radeon 7670M

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

number of parts is basically irrelevant.. Its part complexity that matters.

So there is a good chance that NOTHING is wrong. 

Also Inventor keeps quite a bit of stuff in memory after files are closed.. 

Yesterday it was showing 7G of RAM usage.. Today (fresh restart of Inventor) with the same exact file open I'm using 1.5G right now.. 

So if you think its using a lot of RAM simply close Inventor and restart it. That will free up any "extra" stuff that Inventor was hanging on to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! It is hard to say if the behavior is reasonable purely based on the numbers. It would be better if you can show me an example. I can set up a secure account for you to upload the files or your can send it directly to me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com) if less than 20MB.

Also, could you help me answer the following questions?

1) Are you using custom Appearance/Material Library?

2) What particular workflow did you notice the increase in memory consumption?

3) Assuming there is a workflow involving two components, if you LOD supress all the other components before performing the workflow, do you still see the same memory consumption behavior?

4) Are you using Express mode?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
jingyi.liu

Hi, Djuan

Thanks for your reporting, are you using IBL background? Only saw your snapshot of memory consumption, but have no clues of your design & graphic setting.

Regards,

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report