Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide projected geometry

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mat_hijs
2118 Views, 6 Replies

Hide projected geometry

I project workplanes and workaxes to use them while creating a sketch to be used as a frame. Ideally only the actual frame lines would be visible, and not the projected geometry used to create them. Is it possible to hide projected geometry in a sketch? If not, what could another workflow be so that I won't have this "problem"?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cris-Ideas
in reply to: mat_hijs

I have found not way of hiding this in a sketch.

But workaround I use is:

1) make second sketch and project from the other sketch only what you need.

This gives you clear sketch you can use as a frame. And if done correctly all stays adaptive.

Cris.

Cris,
https://simply.engineering
Message 3 of 7
imajar
in reply to: Cris-Ideas

You could change the linetype of the projected geomtry to DOTX2 which is pretty close to invisible. . .

But I usually do what @Cris-Ideas mentioned.  If my frames are not too crazy, I'll just make the projected geometry reference (less visible), and deal with it for a short time.

Aaron Jarrett, PE
Inventor 2019 | i7-6700K 64GB NVidia M4000
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 4 of 7
SBix26

Toggle the projected sketch elements to Construction.  Construction geometry displays as a thinner dashed line, so is easy to distinguish from normal elements.  In Frame Generator, unlike with other modeling operations, the construction geometry is still selectable, so this may not work perfectly for you.

Note that there is an option to have projected geometry always be initially set to Construction.  I find this useful.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.2 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 7
gcoombridge

You can turn the selection of construction geometry off in frame generator... While it is still visible it can't be chosen.image.png

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 6 of 7
SBix26

Missed that!  Thanks, @gcoombridge .

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.2 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 7 of 7
mat_hijs

I'm not using this frame in frame generator, should have mentioned that in my original post, so selection of the projected geometry shouldn't be a problem, it's purely visual. Until now I always made the projected geometry construction lines, didn't know there was an option to do this automatically though, thanks for that! The idea of a second sketch to project just the lines I want visible should work just fine for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report